The Record of Our Forebearers aims to introduce some of the dopest Black Christians and their stories of faith and perseverance. Every episode we will discuss two people and present their stories. This episode we learn from the stories of Fannie Lou Hammer and Perpetua.
References from the Episode:
- Fannie Lou Hamer: America’s Freedom Fighting Woman (Maegan Parker Brooks, 2020)
- For Freedom’s Sake: The Life of Fannie Lou Hamer (Chana Kai Lee, 1999)
- Gospel Haymanot (Vince L. Bantu, 2020)
- The Acts Of The Martyrdom Of Perpetua And Felicitas (James Rendel Harris and Seth K. Gifford, 2015)
- The Passion of Perpetua and Felicitas in Late Antiquity (L. Stephanie Cobb and Andrew S. Jacobs, 2021)
This podcast is sponsored by the We Are Trinity Network part of the Trinity Church community. Trinity Church exists to glorify God and make disciples by awakening people to full life with Christ. We are a multi-generational church that desires to come alongside people wherever they are on their journey to support and challenge them to take their next step.