The Record of Our Forebearers aims to introduce some of the dopest Black Christians and their stories of faith and perseverance. Every episode we will discuss two people and present their stories. This episode we learn from the stories of Phillis Wheatley & Lemuel Haynes.
References from the Episode:
- Poems on Various Subjects, Religious and Moral (1773) by Phillis Wheatley
- Trials of Phillis Wheatley: America’s First Black Poet and Her Encounters with the Founding Fathers (2010) by Henry Louis Gates, Jr
- Memoir and Poems of Phillis Wheatley, a Native African and a Slave (1834) by Phillis Wheatley
- The Faithful Preacher: Recapturing the Vision of Three Pioneering African-American Pastors by Thabiti M. Anyabwile
- May We Meet in the Heavenly: The Piety of Lemuel Haynes by Thabiti M. Anyabwile
This podcast is sponsored by the We Are Trinity Network part of the Trinity Church community. Trinity Church exists to glorify God and make disciples by awakening people to full life with Christ. We are a multi-generational church that desires to come alongside people